9.20.2012

3 little blessings

This is a picture of Liala on her first day of Kindergarten! She was so excited but a little bit nervous as well. I think she's doing great and seems to enjoy school; especially recess. As for homework, that's another story :) We have already had a few instances where she's had a complete meltdown at the table. With this being our first experience with school, there's definetly been a learning curve. We are a month in now and I think we've gotten the routine down enough that the days come and go with just the normal bumps. I can hardly believe that our daughter is old enough to be in school! I am really thankful that I kept Liala home with me all those days instead of sending her to preschool. I'll never get that time back and I really treasure being able to have those precious moments together with her. I realize now more than ever what a blessing it is to be able to stay home and be a fixture in the lives of my children. I feel very blessed to be a mom. It's the best job in the world- even on the hard days.
This is our Dax. This pictures speaks a thousand words- for real. He has got the most amazing personality. He's such a fun little boy to be around. You just never know what you're gonna get when you're in his presence. I like "happy Dax" the most. You just have to remind him of this alter ego and he flashes this big, huge smile for you. He's a very sensitive boy and will sometimes run out of the room because he wasn't the center of everyone's conversation. He's got an amazing imagination. Right now, he's got a few imaginary friends named Mike and Mia. It's fun to listen and watch him interact with them. He's my little buddy and I love him so much. Little boys make life fun, loud, messy, and chaotic. I wouldn't change it for anything!!
Baby Kye. What a sweet little boy. A lot has happened in his short 6 1/2 months. The latest MRI took place on Tuesday the 18th and all went well. He came out of the anesthesia and I could hear him crying in the MRI room. So I stood up and walked out of our little waiting room. Right at the same time as I was walking out to see what was happening the nurse called us back. He was a little loopy but when I was able to hold and cuddle him he found his thumb and my shoulder and all was well. We did the same routine as last time and then headed home to wait for word from the doctors. Time takes on a different feeling when you're waiting for a doctor's phone call. Seriously, it felt like we were stuck in a time warp and things were happening around us but the time wasn't changing on the clock. Finally, at around 4:30 in the afternoon and after several phone calls to the office the eye doctor called to give us the news. We stepped outside away from the family chaos that we erupting from a game the kids were playing and our hearts were racing as we were prepared to hear the worst. The first words to come out of her mouth were heart melting. "I've looked over the scans and they are clean. No tumor to report." Sigh. Relief. Sigh again. Did she just say what I think she said?! WOW! So many emotions, thoughts, and questions raced through my mind in the few seconds it took her to finish her sentences. We asked about a hundred follow up questions and then hung up with her. A few long hugs and some unspoken prayers were offered on that porch that afternoon. And there continue to be spoken prayers and conversations. We feel so blessed to know that for now he is tumor free and he'll continue to grow and develop as he should. There will be follow up visits in the next 6 months to check the measurements of his eyes. If things have changed at all then they will repeat the MRI's to see if any tumors have grown that were undetected on the initial scans. But for now they think it's a case of congenital Horner's Syndrome~ something he was born with. It shouldn't affect his vision or anything; he'll just have some big, beautiful, blue eyes that don't look the same as yours and mine. I'm okay with that. And I'm sure he will be too :)

2 comments:

Dan and Marsha said...

what an amazing story and he is the cutest little guy, man you two make beautiful kids! liala looks so so big with her book bag on, and that dax what a cute little 'rico suave'! what a joy! you are such a great mommy!!

Travelin' Tracy said...

Wow...that is such good news. I am still thinking about you all and would love to make a visit when we are up there at teh end of October. Let's continue to pray for a tumor free baby!